What we believe:
- We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty.
- We boldly practice and teach Universal Spiritual Truths.
- We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in everyone and that all people are
incarnations of the One Spirit.
- We believe in the immortality of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
- We believe that Heaven is within us and that we experience it to the degree that
we become conscious of it.
- We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all
suffering of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost
God is one God.
- We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through the intuitive nature of the
individual, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in
close contact with the indwelling God.
- We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through a Universal
Mind, which is the Law of God; and that we are surrounded by this Creative Mind
which receives the direct impress of our thought and acts upon it.
- We believe that each human being has a destiny of loving service to humanity and
the earth, and by fulfilling that destiny we help create a world that works for everyone.
Adapted from What We Believe, by Ernest Holmes, published in the first issue of Science of Mind magazine, October, 1927